The command line application ImagePDF Image to PDF Compressor is able to compress different kinds of image and then create PDF document. In the compressing process, it can also realize other functions. For example, you can document with user and owner password.
Image to PDF Compressor supports TIF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PSD, WMF, EMF, PDF, PCX, PIC, etc. format images. It is also a stand-alone program which does not need any other third-party program.
There are several steps that you need to follow toto PDF document and make PDF encryption.
- Free download Image to PDF Compressor and unzip the ZIP file to your computer.
- Read the .txt document readme.txt in unpacked file folder to see the command line usage and options.
- Open MS-DOS interface to input the command line into it.
- Refer to the command line template shown below to write your own commands.
img2pdfjb2 [options] <Image-file> [<PDF-file>]
In order to compress color image, please use the option –colorimg <int>. In order to compress black-and-white image, please use the option -bwimg<int>. If you want to compress JPEG2000 image with lossless method, please take the option –lossless. For encrypting PDF document, please refer to the options below:
-openpwd <string> : set 'open password' to PDF file
-ownerpwd <string> : set 'owner password' to PDF file
-keylen <int> : key length (40 or 128 bit)
-encryption <int> : restrictions
There are also more options that you can use. Pleas see the details in readme.txt.
The following command line example is for your reference.
img2pdfjb2 –openpwd 123 –owner 456 –colorimg 1 C:\image.bmp C:\document.pdf
img2pdfjb2 –bwimg 1 –owner 123 -encryption 3900 C:\test.jpg C:\test.pdf
In these two examples,
-colorimg 1 is to compress color image file with JPEG arithmetic
-lossless is to compress JPEG image with lossless method.
-bwimg 1 is to compress black and white image file with CCITT G4 arithmetic
- Press Enter button on the keyboard to run the conversion.
- Read the created encrypted PDF document in the location that you have specified.
If you want to have a try of Image to PDF Compressor after reading this article, you are strongly recommended to click the button below: